The Centre for Hip Health and Mobility delivers research solutions to prevent, detect and treat bone and joint health problems and to translate new knowledge into enhanced mobility across the lifespan.
Falls, hip fractures and hip osteoarthritis contribute enormously to the cost of health care in Canada. The Centre for Hip Health and Mobility conducts innovative research programs to decrease these burdens across the province, Canada and the world. Research teams investigate falls prevention, treatment options for hip fractures and osteoarthritis, and create new surgical solutions.
Dr. Heather McKay, Director of the Centre
- Located at the Robert H.N. Ho Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital
- The Centre has over 195 affiliated clinicians and scientists
- First international research centre with a broad focus on bone and joint health across the lifespan
- Discoveries include demonstrating that resistance training in older adults can alter trajectory of cognitive decline
- Customized laboratories house highly specialized equipment that taken together is not found anywhere else in the world
- Specialized equipment includes Canada’s first stand-up MRI
- Mobile Research Lab: First of its kind in Canada – collecting information across the province to identify trends in bone health and mobility across the lifespan
Centre for Hip Health and Mobility
Robert H.N. Ho Research Centre
7/F, 2635 Laurel Street
Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 1M9
For more informtation visit www.hiphealth.ca