Dr. Blake Gilks is Professor in the Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, at the University of British Columbia, in Vancouver Canada, and does clinical service work in the Division of Anatomic Pathology at Vancouver General Hospital, the site of the largest gynecological oncology program in the province of British Columbia, where he is director of the Division of Anatomical Pathology. He graduated from Dalhousie University medical school in 1982 and did a residency in anatomical pathology at the University of British Columbia, followed by fellowships in gynecological pathology and molecular pathology at Massachusett's General Hospital and Fox Chase Cancer Center, respectively. Dr. Gilks leads a research program focused on gynecological cancers and is co-founder of the Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, a laboratory that uses tissue microarrays of human tumor samples for cancer research, and OvCaRe, a multidisciplinary team studying ovarian cancer. He is also co-founder and co-director of the Canadian Immunohistochemistry Quality Control program, which provides proficiency testing for Canadian diagnostic immunohistochemistry laboratories.
- Modern pathology : an official journal of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Inc - 2012, May 1
- The Journal of pathology - 2012, Jul 31
- The American journal of surgical pathology - 2011, Mar 17
- Modern pathology : an official journal of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Inc - 2011, Apr 1
- Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research - 2011, Feb 17