The Investigator Awards promote excellence and build health research capacity through peer-reviewed salary support awards for investigators.
The purpose of this competition is to promote excellence and build health research capacity through peer-reviewed salary support awards for investigators located at VGH, UBC Hospital and G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre.
These awards are aimed at clinician-scientists located at VGH, UBC Hospital or GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre, who want to reduce their clinical practice commitments in order to continue developing their research careers as independent investigators.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute and the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation.
There are two categories of Investigator Awards: Mentored Clinician Scientist and Clinician Scientist.
You are eligible to apply if you conduct most of your clinical AND research work at VGH, VCH – Community, UBCH, and/or GF Strong sites (this does not include PHC, BCCA, BCCDC, or C&W). You must hold a Ph.D. or an M.D. Please see the Investigator Award Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
Registration is mandatory for this competition. Complete the one-page registration form below and submit as an email attachment to Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration deadline (by email): Thursday, October 9, 2014 by midnight (PST)
- Application deadline (by email): Thursday, November 20, 2014 by midnight (PST).
Complete applications must be received at email@example.com by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
Forms and Guidelines
These fillable PDF forms are designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only. Download the free Adobe Reader.
We recommend saving the forms and completing them from your desktop rather than completing them within a browser window.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommend against using Preview to complete the forms. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the forms, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have entered into the forms when saving. To complete and save the forms properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the forms correctly.
- Investigator Awards Guidelines
- Investigator Awards Registration Form
- Investigator Awards Guidance Notes
- Investigator Awards Research Module
- Investigator Awards Statement of Support
- Investigator Awards Mentorship Plan
- Canadian Common CV
- VCHRI is now using the Canadian Common CV for all internal award funding opportunities. How to create an account with Canadian Common CV
- UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
- How to complete the RPIF
- As this is a salary award, the applicant is responsible for obtaining the Academic Department Head and Faculty Dean’s signature. Please contact your Department to determine the turnaround time to obtain your Academic Head’s signature. To obtain the Faculty of Medicine Dean’s signature, please contact Bryan Wong, Database Analyst & Grant Applications Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Faculty of Medicine’s Dean’s office will require 3 business days for signatures.
Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards email@example.com