In an effort to increase the volume of clinical trials performed at VCH, administrative functions have been centralized to improve efficiency and communication, coordinate efforts between departments, and provide accurate tracking of contracts and accounts.
The Office of Clinical Trials Administration provides administrative, legal and financial support for the conduct of clinical trials at VCH, This includes:
- Review and negotiation of the terms of the research agreement, whether it be a confidentiality agreement, clinical trial agreement, amendment or subcontract.
- Facilitation and processing of agreements through standardized policies and procedures.
- Acting as the office of record for agreement documents.
- Receiving and processing of funds for clinical trials, including setting up new research accounts.
- Coordination of study recruitment support, including the active clinical trials directory on VCH Research website and the internal VCH “E-Blast” service.
- Creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for the conduct of clinical research at VCH.
- Tracking of research projects/agreements and collection of data for internal and external purposes.