You are hereHome > Researchers > Researcher Admin > Clinical Trials Administration > Standard Operating Procedures for Clinical Research
Standard Operating Procedures for Clinical Research
VCH Research is pleased to provide its researchers and their research staff with access to a set of Institutional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the conduct of research involving human subjects. Institutional SOPs will help ensure the protection of human subjects participating in research, and promote consistency in the conduct of research across VCH.
As a member of the Network of Networks (N2), VCH Research has been provided with access to a national set of SOPs developed by N2. Prior to adopting and distributing the N2 SOPs to its researchers and research staff, VCH Research formed an SOP committee to conduct a review of the N2 SOPs. The purpose of VCH Research's review of the N2 SOPs was twofold:
- First, to ensure that the SOPs were consistent with VCH and UBC research policies;
- Second, to ensure that from the researchers'/research coordinators' perspective, the SOPs were accurate and reflected our actual processes.
In its review of the N2 SOPs, the VCHRI SOP Committee recommended that changes be made, and VCH Research agreed to incorporate these changes. Although the format of the VCHRI SOPs is similar to that of the N2 SOPs, the content is not the same.
The VCHRI SOP Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Olga Arsovska, Urology Research
- Jan Buchanan, Emergency Department Research
- Cindy Cheong-Lee, Gastroenterology Research
- Rayone Christante, Dermatology Clinical Trials Unit
- Jill Clark, Hematology Clinical Trials Unit
- Karina Murray, Stroke Research
- Daniel Rogers, Rick Hansen Research
- Jenny Weston, Interventional Cardiology Research
- Connie Feschuk, Clinical Research Unit - VCH Research
- Kerri Abramson, Education - VCH Research
- Stephania Manusha, Clinical Trials Administration - VCH Research
How to Access the VCHRI SOPs
To access the VCH Research SOPs, please email Stephania Manusha, Regional Manager, Clinical Trials Administration, VCH at: email@example.com. VCH Research researchers and their research staff will be provided with the login and password via email. Only VCH Research researchers and their research staff may access the VCH Research SOPs.
The VCH Research SOPs will be reviewed biannually to ensure that they reflect current practices at VCH and UBC. Questions and comments regarding the VCH Research SOPs are welcome. In order to request clarifications, or suggest improvements, please contact Stephania at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The VCH Research SOP Committee will also meet regularly to review feedback and comments from our research community. Your feedback may also be provided to N2 in order to improve the national set of N2 SOPs.
- Researcher Admin
- Policies & Guidelines
- Clinical Trials Administration
- Operational Approval of Research
- Financial Administration
- Health & Safety
- Intellectual Property
- Funding Opportunities
- Education & Events
- All Forms
Only VCH Research researchers and their staff may access SOPs. To request a log-in, please email email@example.com.