VCH Research Institute comprises more than 1,500 personnel engaged in research in nine research centres as well as a variety of research programs and evolving research areas. Our activities range from laboratory-based research to gain understanding about the human body and health conditions, to clinical research focused on evaluating new ways to provide patient care.
Research at VCH
Our research improves patient health, transforms health systems, and directly impacts health and economic outcomes in British Columbia.
VCH Research Institute is home to ten major centres that are known nationally and internationally for their research excellence.
- BC Centre on Substance Use [BCCSU]
- Centre for Cardiovascular Innovation
- Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation [C2E2]
- Centre for Heart and Lung Health
- Centre for Hip Health and Mobility [CHHM]
- Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
- Immunity and Infection Research Centre
- International Collaboration On Repair Discoveries [ICORD]
- Ovarian Cancer Research [OVCARE]
- Vancouver Prostate Centre
VCH Research Institute is home to a number of evolving research programs and communities.
VCH Research Institute is home to a number of research areas with a significant funding base, dedicated researchers and far-reaching research activity.