The purpose of this study is to:
- Measure the pressure in the spinal fluid surrounding the spinal cord to find out how well the spinal cord is being supplied with blood.
- Determine how drugs called "vasopressors", which are used to control blood pressure following SCI (spinal cord injury), influence spinal fluid pressure.
- Characterize the severity of an SCI using the levels of specific proteins found within the spinal fluid.
- Predict how much neurologic recovery may be regained using the levels of specific proteins within your spinal fluid.
- Identify proteins within the spinal fluid that will help us learn more about what is happening after SCI and assist us in developing new treatments for SCI.
Visit ClinicalTrials.gov for more information.
Study Coordinators and Research Nurses cannot give medical advice over the phone. Telephone numbers and email addresses are provided for obtaining additional information on specific clinical research trials only. If you have specific questions which require clinical expertise, please call your primary care physician.