The purpose of this study is to investigate the influence of a peer-led wheelchair boot camp on satisfaction with participation, confidence using a manual wheelchair, and manual wheelchair skills.
- Aged 19 years or older
- Able to understand and speak English
- Able to provide informed consent
- Able to score 24 or higher on the Mini-Mental State Examination
- Able to propel at least 10 meters in a manual wheelchair
- Must have wheelchair mobility goals
- Must have a manual wheelchair
- Having foreseen health conditions or procedures that may prevent participation such a neurocognitive condition affecting memory (i.e. dementia)
- Planned or current acquisition of manual wheelchair skills though other training programs
Study Coordinators and Research Nurses cannot give medical advice over the phone. Telephone numbers and email addresses are provided for obtaining additional information on specific research studies only. If you have specific questions which require clinical expertise, please call your primary care physician.