Dr. Grzybowski is a Professor in the Department of Family Practice at UBC and is a family physician who worked in Queen Charlotte City on Haida Gwaii for 12 years. In his many years of rural clinical experience, he learned first-hand the challenges facing health care providers practicing in rural communities and recognized the need for research addressing the current state and sustainability of rural health care services. As Co-Director of the Centre for Rural Health Research and Michael Smith Foundation Health Research Senior Scholar, Dr. Grzybowski has the opportunity to answer some of the health service questions that are fundamental to the sustainabillity of rural health services.
Include: a Cost Effectiveness study comparing different models of rural maternity care services (CIHR): a secondary analysis of provincial perinatal data across 3 provinces in Canada (CIHR); Writing a book on rural health services funded through KT supplement grant (CIHR); Examining how to more effectively sustain small rural surgical services in British Columbia (contract MoH/BCMA); And a study developing a Regional Birthing Index for rural Australia (NHMRC)
- Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada : JOGC = Journal d'obstétrique et gynécologie du Canada : JOGC - 2012, Oct 16
- Canadian journal of rural medicine : the official journal of the Society of Rural Physicians of Canada = Journal canadien de la médecine rurale : le journal officiel de la Société de médecine rurale du Canada - 2011, Jul 1
- BMC health services research - 2011, Jun 30
- The Australian journal of rural health - 2011, Jan 26
- Health policy (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - 2009, Aug 31