This portal is a space for all VCH-Richmond staff to stay updated on announcements, events, and resources shared and organized by the Richmond Research Support Unit (a part of VCH Research Institute). All are welcome to use and share the resources provided on this page to help support research across VCH-Richmond.
Are you interested in sharing your research ideas? Feel free to join our Research Assistance Community (RAC) held every 3-4 months to champion research for your department.
Want to learn more about research? Attend any of the workshops offered through our Richmond Research Education Series.
- VCHRI Covid-19 Information and FAQ: The VCH Research Institute has created a page with Covid-19 information and FAQ, including information relevant to researchers: https://www.vchri.ca/covid-19-information-and-faqs
- VCHRI’s advisory on clinical trials and clinical research studies can be found in a March 18th memo here: https://www.vchri.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/memo_-_advisory_on_clinical_trial_and_clinical_research_operations_at_vch_and_phc.pdf
Calling on researcher volunteers: The Covid-19 public health response needs your help!
More than ever, during the current Covid-19 pandemic, there is an urgent need for rapid access to reliable, actionable evidence. Publication of new research that can inform the Covid-19 public health response is accelerated, with many new results published daily in peer-reviewed journals.
Assembling, synthesizing and delivering this research in a nimble and expedient manner to decision makers and front-line clinicians is extremely important right now. We are calling on everyone who has the skills to conduct literature reviews to join our Rapid Evidence Synthesis Team.
We are recruiting experienced researchers who can conduct rapid literature reviews, using peer-reviewed sources and the gray literature, and who can potentially guide small teams in preparing reviews. We are also looking for students and new researchers who can work under the mentorship of an experienced researcher.
If you are interested in joining our team and making a difference during an unprecedented time, please contact Eric Liow at email@example.com or 604-970-5284
Richmond Research Education Series
- On hold due to Covid-19
- VCH-Richmond Research Publications
- VCH News Publications
- Richmond research showcase
- Fruits and veggies for life
- Supporting vulnerable patients through research
- Participate in the 2019 Research Challenge
- Meet Dr. Ahmed: respirologist and researcher
- Calling all Richmond researchers: tap into your on-site support team
- Learn the basics of the research process
- Reference documents and sites
- Research Roadmap
- VCHRI funding opportunities
- VCH Library Services: Richmond contact Shannon Long
- Access to journal articles: Electronic Health Library of BC (requires VCH network)
- Qualitative research resources: Qualitative Designs and Methods in Nursing (Set) (VCH network or remote access using username: gr8resources and password: *VCHlib19)
Richmond Research Support Unit Contacts
Eric Liow, Research Facilitator
Availability: Monday at Richmond Hospital and Tuesday at Richmond Public Health (availability subject change due to off-site meetings)
Currently being hired; Research Coordinator (Available Mon-Fri)
Availability: Monday - Friday
- Richmond Hospital (3rd floor, Green Zone, Rm 3051A)
- Richmond Public Health (9th floor, 929J and 929K)
Get in Touch with us
Please complete the following form to:
- request a research consultation with Eric
- request research services support (project coordination, grant writing, ethics and operational approval support, etc.)
- request volunteer support
- suggest topics for our research eduation series
- suggest any ideas (big or small) to improve research at Richmond