The Innovators’ Challenge is an annual evening event organized by VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation to raise funds for medical devices at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). This award to support inventive and creative solutions that are being developed to transform health care for all British Columbians.
The Innovators’ Challenge is a partnership event between VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and VCH Research Institute (VCHRI). Funding is contingent on best efforts fundraising, with the goal of raising $75K for each participating project.
All projects submitted for potential inclusion in the Innovators’ Challenge must be developed in connection to either VGH, UBC Hospital, GF Strong or one of VCH’s community health centres AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates savings to the health care system
- Has extraordinary patient impact/improves outcomes
- Has business/commercialization potential
- Awards are open to health care professionals, clinicians and researchers.
As one of the three selected finalists for the Innovators’ Challenge, you will receive:
- Eligibility to win the $25,000 Bradshaw Prize and philanthropic donations to fund your project
- One-on-one coaching to build a business case for your project and improve your pitch deck
- Promotion of your project via VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation’s online channels
- Two complimentary tickets to attend the Innovators’ Challenge and network with philanthropists, investors, entrepreneurs and prominent business executives from the life science, biotech and high-tech industries
To be considered for this funding opportunity, submit your application by [2020 award dates - TBD].
If your project is selected, the following commitments are required:
- Prepare presentation
- Provide bio and research information for promotional material
- Attend up to 4 Foundation meetings, ~5 hours in total
- Day of Event
- Attend and present your work at the Innovators’ Challenge evening event, ~5 hours in total