The Innovators’ Challenge is a brand new event being organized by VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation to fund innovative medical devices in development at VCH.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute and the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation. Funding is contingent on best efforts fundraising.
The innovative medical device project must be developed at a VCH site AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates savings to the health care system
- Has extraordinary patient impact/improves outcomes
- Has business/commercialization potential
To be considered for this funding opportunity, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 14 at 8:00am:
- Abstract (300 word limit)
- Budget request up to $75,000 (one page maximum)
By submitting to this funding opportunity, you agree to share this information with VCHRI administrative staff, VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation administrative staff and its Advisory Panel and if selected, participate in the Innovators’ Challenge as detailed below. If your project is selected, the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation will be in touch with you.
If your project is selected, the following commitments are required:
Pre-Event (January – early March 2018):
- Prepare presentation
- Provide bio and research information for promotional material
- Attend up to 3 Foundation meetings, ~3hours in total
Day of Event (March 2018)
- Attend and present your work at the evening event, ~5hours in total
Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards