The Innovators’ Challenge is a brand new event being organized by VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation to fund innovative medical devices in development at VCH.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute and the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation. Funding is contingent on best efforts fundraising.
The innovative medical device project must be developed at a VCH site AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates savings to the health care system
- Has extraordinary patient impact/improves outcomes
- Has business/commercialization potential
Awards are open to health care professionals, clinicians and researchers throughout VCH’s health care and research facilities.
To be considered for this funding opportunity, submit the following to email@example.com by Tuesday, November 14 at 8:00am:
- Abstract (300 word limit)
- Budget request up to $75,000 (one page maximum)
By submitting to this funding opportunity, you agree to share this information with VCHRI administrative staff, VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation administrative staff and its Advisory Panel and if selected, participate in the Innovators’ Challenge as detailed below. If your project is selected, the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation will be in touch with you.
If your project is selected, the following commitments are required:
Pre-Event (January – early March 2018):
- Prepare presentation
- Provide bio and research information for promotional material
- Attend up to 3 Foundation meetings, ~3hours in total
Day of Event (March 2018)
- Attend and present your work at the evening event, ~5hours in total
Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards