- WorkSafe BC – Searchable Occupational Health & Safety Regulations & Related Materials
- Health Canada – Environmental & Workplace Health
- Occupational Health & Safety in British Columbia
- SDS Database - Occupational Health & Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia
- Transport Canada - Transporting Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety*
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – SDS plus CHEMINFO Search*
*Regarding access to the two web sites listed below: UBC pays an annual subscription for all UBC employees to access this site. Please note you MUST use a UBC e-mail address to sign on.
Mandatory Training Courses
Listed below are mandatory training courses offered through UBC Risk Management.
- New Worker Safety Orientation
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training (UBC Employees)
- VCH: how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace (Intranet access only)
- Privacy & Information Security Fundamentals Training
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) 2015 - (UBC)
- WHMIS 2015 Orientation - VCH
- WorkSafe BC WHMIS 2015
Research Safety Training
- Introduction to Lab Safety Training (UBC) - For individuals who will be supervised 100% of the time in the laboratory. Ex. Undergrad student and/or visitors).
- Chemical Safety Course (UBC) (includes WHMIS 2015)
- Biological Safety Course (UBC)
- Laser Safety and Program Development Course (UBC)
- Radiation Safety Course (UBC)
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods - courses for all TDG classes (UBC)
- Environment Management Training
- Hazardous Waste Management Refresher Course
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Training
- Animal Care (UBC) - Mandatory for all personnel working with animals are required to complete the UBC animal care course.
UBC Safety and Risk Services offers training courses to UBC faculty, staff and students, as well as non-UBC staff for a fee. Other courses available include: safety supervision courses, asbestos awareness, back-talk, ergonomic assessment, respirator training and emergency management.