- WorkSafe BC
- WorkSafe BC – Searchable Occupational Health & Safety Regulations & Related Materials
- Health Canada – Environmental & Workplace Health
- Occupational Health & Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia
- SDS Database - Occupational Health & Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia
- Transport Canada - Transporting Dangerous Goods (TDG)*
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – SDS plus CHEMINFO Search
*Regarding access to the two web sites listed below: UBC pays an annual subscription for all UBC employees to access this site. Please note you MUST use a UBC e-mail address to sign on.
Mandatory Training Courses
Listed below are mandatory training courses offered through UBC Risk Management.
- New Worker Safety Orientation
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training (UBC Employees)
- VCH: how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace (Intranet access only)
- Privacy & Information Security Fundamentals Training
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) 2015 - (UBC)
- WHMIS 2015 Orientation - VCH
- WorkSafe BC WHMIS 2015
Research Safety Training
- Introduction to Lab Safety Training (UBC) - For individuals who will be supervised 100% of the time in the laboratory. Ex. Undergrad student and/or visitors).
- Chemical Safety Course (UBC) (includes WHMIS 2015)
- Biological Safety Course (UBC)
- Laser Safety and Program Development Course (UBC)
- Radiation Safety Course (UBC)
- TDG Recciving Class 7 Radioactive Materials Training
- TDG 7
- TDG 6.2
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goodsby Ground and Air (UBC)
- Environment Management Training
- Hazardous Waste Management Refresher Course
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Training
- Animal Care (UBC) - Mandatory for all personnel working with animals are required to complete the UBC animal care course.
- First Aid Level One Training - Intended for departmental first aid attendants. The First Aid Level 1 Course teaches the basics of first aid response in an emergency situation. Certification is from the WorkSafeBC and Saint John Ambulance, and is valid for two years. The course also includes CPR Level A certification, which is valid for one year.
- Safety Committee Training - Intended for Safety Committee members and supervisors. Topics include accident prevention, effective committee operations, safety inspections, accident investigation, safety training and the role of the WorkSafeBC. Meets WorkSafeBC Safety Committee Training Requirements.
- UBC Risk Management Training Courses - UBC Risk Management offers regularly scheduled training programs for University faculty, staff and students. Non-UBC personnel are welcome to take our courses. A fee is charged to non-UBC participants. Other courses that are periodically available include: safety supervision courses, asbestos awareness, back-talk, ergonomic assessment, respirator training, and WCB Claims Management.