- WorkSafe BC – Searchable Occupational Health & Safety Regulations & Related Materials
- Health Canada – Environmental & Workplace Health
- Occupational Health & Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia
- SDS Database - Occupational Health & Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia
- Transport Canada - Transporting Dangerous Goods (TDG)*
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – SDS plus CHEMINFO Search
*Regarding access to the two web sites listed below: UBC pays an annual subscription for all UBC employees to access this site. Please note you MUST use a UBC e-mail address to sign on.
Mandatory Training Courses
Listed below are mandatory training courses offered through UBC Risk Management.
- New Worker Safety Orientation
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training (UBC Employees)
- VCH: how to deal with bullying and harassment in the workplace (Intranet access only)
- Privacy & Information Security Fundamentals Training
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) 2015 - (UBC)
- WHMIS 2015 Orientation - VCH
- WorkSafe BC WHMIS 2015
Research Safety Training
- Introduction to Lab Safety Training (UBC) - For individuals who will be supervised 100% of the time in the laboratory. Ex. Undergrad student and/or visitors).
- Chemical Safety Course (UBC) (includes WHMIS 2015)
- Biological Safety Course (UBC)
- Laser Safety and Program Development Course (UBC)
- Radiation Safety Course (UBC)
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods - courses for all TDG classes (UBC)
- Environment Management Training
- Hazardous Waste Management Refresher Course
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Training
- Animal Care (UBC) - Mandatory for all personnel working with animals are required to complete the UBC animal care course.
- UBC Risk Management Training Courses - UBC Risk Management offers regularly scheduled training programs for University faculty, staff and students. Non-UBC personnel are welcome to take our courses. A fee is charged to non-UBC participants. Other courses that are periodically available include: safety supervision courses, asbestos awareness, back-talk, ergonomic assessment, respirator training, and WCB Claims Management.