Jump to navigation
General Lab Safety
- No food or drink may be consumed in the laboratories. A shelf has been provided in the hallway for drink and food containers. Do not bring empty containers into the lab.
- Due to possible chemical hazards: No open toed shoes; No shorts; Bare legs must be covered. No exceptions.
- Lab coats must be worn in the lab areas but not in the lunch room or public areas.
- Gloves should not be worn outside of the lab areas unless transferring materials between labs. You must always have one ungloved hand for opening doors, elevators, etc.
- Personnel protective equipment (goggles, gloves, lab coats, etc.) are provided and must be used as appropriate.
- Do not abuse shared equipment and sign up for use when required.
- Keep exits and hallways clear.