Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute has over 1,500 personnel engaged in research in a large variety of disease areas, clinical settings and research laboratories. Clinical research, , laboratory and basic science extend across many health disciplines with VCH, and there is no shortage of opportunities for new and established researchers, trainees and staff.
Part-Time Research Coordinator, VGH Otolaryngology Divison
The Vancouver General Hospital Otolaryngology Division is hiring a part-time research coordinator to support ongoing and new research projects. This research coordinator will work closely with the VGH Otolaryngology faculty members and residents on their respective research projects and will need to have strong time management skills and be proficient in the above tasks with minimal supervision. It is desirable that this individual would have experience with the creation and submission of ethics protocols, familiarity with the review and submission of manuscripts, patient screening and recruitment and facilitation of regular research meetings. Currently, this position requires 16-20 hours per week. If desired, this position may develop into a full time employment opportunity in the future.
Submit your application with the subject line "VGH Reserach Coordinator Candidate - *Your Name*" to Dr. Arif Janjua at email@example.com.
Clinical Trials, Regulatory Assistant, Vancouver Prostate Centre
The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exciting career opportunity for a regular, full-time experienced Regulatory Assistant interested in pursuing a cancer research clinical trials role. Further details on VPC and its research programs are available at www.prostatecentre.com.
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the ethical principles of conducting research with human subjects.
- Broad knowledge of clinical research including Institutional Review Board/Research Ethics Board and ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Experience dealing with complicated protocols and regulatory documents.
- Knowledge and use of the UBC RISE online system.
- Adaptable, collaborative, pro-active, organized, able to prioritize/troubleshoot.
- Comfortable working both independently and as a member of high profile project teams.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail.
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Post-secondary training such as a Medical Office Assistant certificate/diploma or Bachelor of Science degree would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a definite asset.
The salary range for this position is $46,804 - $67, 282 per year, plus benefits including a defined pension plan and four weeks’ vacation.
Application procedures: forward a current resume and covering letter via e-mail to Maureen Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No telephone calls or drop-in inquiries accepted. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
We also welcome graduate students, medical students, health professional students, residents, clinical fellows, and postdoctoral fellows to VCH Research Institute – your work is vital to helping us achieve our vision of healthier lives through discovery.