Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute has over 1,500 personnel engaged in research in a large variety of disease areas, clinical settings and research laboratories.
With its clinical research ranging from emergency medicine to brain and community health, there is no shortage of opportunities for new and established researchers. In addition, laboratory and basic science work extends across many disease areas within VCH Research Institute.
Clinical Trials, Regulatory Assistant at the Vancouver Prostate Centre
The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exciting career opportunity for a regular, full-time experienced Regulatory Assistant interested in pursuing a cancer research clinical trials role. Further details on VPC and its research programs are available at www.prostatecentre.com.
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of the ethical principles of conducting research with human subjects.
- Broad knowledge of clinical research including Institutional Review Board/Research Ethics Board and ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Experience dealing with complicated protocols and regulatory documents.
- Adaptable, collaborative, pro-active, organized, able to prioritize/troubleshoot.
- Comfortable working both independently and as a member of high profile project teams.
- Post-secondary training such as a Medical Office Assistant certificate/diploma or Bachelor of Science degree would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a definite asset.
The salary range for this position is $46,804 - $67, 282 per year, plus benefits including a defined pension plan and four weeks’ vacation.
Application procedures: forward a current resume and covering letter via e-mail to Maureen Palmer at email@example.com. NOTE: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No telephone calls or drop-in inquiries accepted. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
OBER IT Developer
The UBC Office of Biobank Education and Research (OBER) is currently seeking an IT Developer, who will be responsible for providing daily support to OBER and related project infrastructure. The cornerstone that supports the delivery of OBER products is the Biobank Resource Centre (BRC) and its prominent website: www.biobanking.org. This internationally recognized and accessed website is the vehicle by which OBER promotes standards and education for biobanking globally. The OBER IT Developer will analyze, implement, manage and support many facets of OBER IT infrastructure including designing new software architecture framework, developing software and managing project databases related to the Biobank Resource Centre registration, certification, tools and online education system.
Learn more about this job posting at http://www.staffcareers.ubc.ca/25453.
We also welcome graduate students, medical students, health professional students, residents, clinical fellows, and postdoctoral fellows to VCH Research Institute – your work is vital to helping us achieve our vision of healthier lives through discovery.