The intent of this competition is to fund research that will:
- bring new knowledge into practice and/or policy
- take research outcomes to the implementation stage
- create commercial opportunities from pre-existing research outcomes
- up to two awards will be designated for a joint PHC and VCH health care professionals and/or researchers proposal
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute is delighted to partner with VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, Providence Health Care Research Institute and VA Medical, Dental and Allied Staff Association on the 2016 Innovation and Translational Research Awards.
Awards are open to clinicians and researchers throughout VCH and PHC’s health care and research facilities. Please refer to the award guidelines linked at the bottom of this page for detailed eligibility criteria.
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Mandatory Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, October 17, 2016 by Midnight (PST)
- Grant Development Workshop (recommended): Tuesday November 1st, 2016 1-4pm REGISTER HERE
- Application submission deadline: Monday, January 16, 2017 by Midnight (PST)
Completed LOI and applications must be received via email at email@example.com by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
Forms and guidelines
These fillable PDF forms are designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only. Download the free Adobe Reader.
We recommend saving the forms and completing them from your desktop rather than completing them within a browser window.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommend against using Preview to complete the forms. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the forms, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have entered into the forms when saving. To complete and save the forms properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the forms correctly.
- Innovation and Translational Research Award - Letter of Intent
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Guidelines
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Application Instructions
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Research Module
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Manager Statement of Support
- Canadian Common CV
- VCHRI is now using the Canadian Common CV for all internal award funding opportunities. How to create an account with Canadian Common CV
- For VCH applicants without a UBC appointment*:
- For PHCRI applicants without a UBC appointment*:
- For applicants with a UBC appointment*:
*If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH or UBC and PHCRI, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI/PHCRI Grant Cover Sheet.
Kerri Abramson, Manager, Research Education & Internal Awards firstname.lastname@example.org