The Hip Health Information Project (HHIP) is a study investigating the experiences and perceptions of pre-surgical education to prepare patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip for hip replacement surgery. The purpose of this study is to explore, through focus groups, the barriers and opportunities that exist for improving education programs for OA hip patients.
- Adults (age 45+) with osteoarthritis of the hip
- Must speak and understand spoken and written English
- Must be the participant's first weight bearing joint replacement surgery and experience with prehabilitation educational programming
- Participants will be excluded from participating, if they have inflammatory OA
- Participants with inflammatory OA
- Participants with a previous weight bearing knee replacement surgery
Study Coordinators and Research Nurses cannot give medical advice over the phone. Telephone numbers and email addresses are provided for obtaining additional information on specific clinical research trials only. If you have specific questions which require clinical expertise, please call your primary care physician.