The Vancouver Community (VC) Research Program focuses on creating new knowledge and applying it to care across residents’ full lifespan through specialized programs for substance use, mental health, public health and aging populations. Investigators aim to design innovative clinical and health service interventions, and program evaluations that will lead to positive health outcomes for clients and their families.
Primary service areas
- Department of Family Practice
- Home Health & Community Geriatrics
- Palliative & End of Life Care
- Mental Health, and Substance Use Services
- Public Health
- Long-Term Care & Assisted Living
- Primary Care and Primary Care Networks
- Urgent Primary Care Centres
The Richmond Research Program spearheads research projects centred on improving patient care at both the acute and community levels. Researchers investigate population health, clinical decision rules, bariatric surgery, pediatrics, respiratory medicine, maternal and newborn care, adverse drug events, mental health and substance use in an effort to safeguard residents’ health at all stages of life.
Mental health and substance use, Indigenous health, adverse drug events, public health