At Vancouver Community, our focus is on creating knowledge and applying it to client care. We provide services to thousands of clients through the full life span from pregnancy, children and youth, adults and elders. We also provide services to physically and mentally disabled individuals. There are hundreds of multidisciplinary health professionals working to ensure the best outcomes for our populations.
We generate knowledge and apply it within Vancouver Community by creating partnerships between researchers, directors, managers, frontline staff and clients. Our goal is to ensure early engagement and collaboration in research and evaluation projects that will lead to outcomes that directly benefit our clients and their families.
Primary service areas
- Department of Family Practice - Supports Family Physicians working in VCH Hospital’s in Vancouver, Vancouver Community Health Services and Private Practice to provide personalized, continuing and comprehensive care to families and communities.
- Home Health & Community Geriatrics - Provides health care and support services for people who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs, offered in the home or community.
- Palliative & End of Life Care - Provides comfort and quality of life care for people and their families who are living with life-limiting illness.
- Mental Health, and Substance Use Services - Offers mental health and addictions services in the community, including specialized housing and older adult mental health and addiction.
- Public Health - Committed to protect the public, prevent disease and promote health.
- Long-Term Care & Assisted Living - Provides publicly subsidized assisted living services in a supportive accommodation environment for people with physical and functional health challenges.
- Primary Care and Primary Care Networks
- Urgent Primary Care Centres
The Vancouver Community Research & Evaluation Advisory Committee is comprised of researchers, program directors and managers who work in community health. It was established in 2014 to develop a multi-disciplinary research, evaluation, and innovation culture and environment within VCH Community. Our goal is to increase knowledge generation and translation by creating partnerships with researchers, directors, managers, frontline staff and clients. We expect that through effective partnerships, research and evaluation questions will be developed and projects undertaken, with the results used to benefit our clients. By working together in the early days of research and project investigation, we hope to identify and remove obstacles, make the overall experience more positive, get more people involved and improve the lives of our clients.
- City of Vancouver
- Government funding agencies
- Private funding organizations
- Ministry of Health
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Other health authorities
- Vancouver Division of Family Practice
- Vancouver Police Department
- WorkSafe BC
- Not-for-profit organizations
- BC Housing Unions
- External contractors
Knowledge into Action
We encourage early engagement of researchers, health professionals and clients so that research and evaluation projects are developed in collaboration. This will ensure that your research outcomes have the maximum impact on client care.