The Office of Research Services (ORS) at Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) offers grant signing and administers research grant funds for all researchers located at VCHRI sites in compliance with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), University of British Columbia (UBC) and funding agency policies. The ORS team is responsible for:
- Institutional review of research grant submissions and coordination of approvals from Faculty of Medicine, Associate Dean, Research, VCHRI and UBC ORS officials
- Review and coordination of Faculty of Medicine, Associate Dean, Research, VCHRI approvals on Research Project Information Forms
- Financial administration of UBC Research Accounts (non-industry) for UBC faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students located at VCHRI
- Financial administration of VCH staff research accounts
- Facilitation and processing of collaborative research agreements for non-industry funds
- Clinical Trial Registration on ClinicalTrials.gov
Grant Application Approvals
Researchers are required to send in applications at least four business days in advance of sponsor deadlines to allow sufficient time for review and approval. Major competitions have special internal deadlines.
For more information, visit the UBC Office of Research Services and Faculty of Medicine Signature Process.
The Office of Research Services at VCHRI adheres to UBC polices:
604-875-4111 x 21692