Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute has over 1,500 personnel engaged in research in a large variety of disease areas, clinical settings and research laboratories. Clinical research, , laboratory and basic science extend across many health disciplines with VCH, and there is no shortage of opportunities for new and established researchers, trainees and staff.
Research Assistant, Clinical Research Unit, VCHRI
The VCHRI Clinical Research Unit (CRU) assists VCH/UBC investigators to conduct human clinical trials of biomedical or health-related research that follows a pre-defined protocol. The CRU is committed to the pursuit of excellence in clinical trial services and to promoting research at VCH by providing these services to investigators from all disciplines. The CRU is also dedicated to developing a reputation as a site where quality industry sponsored, grant funded, and investigator initiated trials can be undertaken.
The research assistant will assist with the clinical trial services as described in the work below:
- review research timelines and ensures studies are running smoothly and according to schedule
- coordinate study procedures which could include booking appointments and reminder follow up calls to subjects, screening, consenting, enrollment, and participants' study follow-up calls; conducts study questionnaires and performs assessments, review medical charts for past medical history and current medications
- oversee the process of data collection and data entry to ensure accurate and timely data collection; electronic data entry of collected data
- administer study files and subject records, ensuring their accuracy, accessibility and confidentiality is maintained
- log services and supplies used
- perform quality assurance monitoring of equipment and space
- blood sample collection and processing (centrifuge & aliquot)
- monitor subjects for adverse events to blood draw
Learn more about the position and submit your application at UBC Careers.
Part-Time Research Coordinator, VGH Otolaryngology Divison
The Vancouver General Hospital Otolaryngology Division is hiring a part-time research coordinator to support ongoing and new research projects. This research coordinator will work closely with the VGH Otolaryngology faculty members and residents on their respective research projects and will need to have strong time management skills and be proficient in the above tasks with minimal supervision. It is desirable that this individual would have experience with the creation and submission of ethics protocols, familiarity with the review and submission of manuscripts, patient screening and recruitment and facilitation of regular research meetings. Currently, this position requires 16-20 hours per week. If desired, this position may develop into a full time employment opportunity in the future.
Submit your application with the subject line "VGH Research Coordinator Candidate - *Your Name*" to Dr. Arif Janjua at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also welcome graduate students, medical students, health professional students, residents, clinical fellows, and postdoctoral fellows to VCH Research Institute – your work is vital to helping us achieve our vision of healthier lives through discovery.