Alison Hoens is a physical therapist and works as a knowledge broker for the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Physiotherapy Association of BC and Arthritis Research Canada. She is also a research associate of the Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences and the knowledge translation lead at UBC’s School of Population and Public Health. She has been a member of Arthritis Research Canada’s Arthritis Patient Advisory Board since 2013.
Alison has undertaken clinical, teaching and research activities in physical therapy and interdisciplinary spheres provincially, nationally and internationally. Her research interests are focused on knowledge translation, evidence-based practice, patient engagement and electro-physical agents.
- Health expectations : an international journal of public participation in health care and health policy -
- The Journal of rheumatology -
- BMC medical research methodology -
- The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy -
- Journal of neurologic physical therapy : JNPT -