MBChB FRCP(UK) FRCPC
I have trained in internal medicine and gastroenterology, and have undertaken research in signal transduction mechanisms. I am interested in gastrointestinal inflammation and cancer from several different perspectives that include cell signaling, role of diet and micronutrients, as well as clinical variations in their manifestations across different ethnicities. The clinical department of gastroenterology is also involved in several international phase III trials of novel therapeutics addressing inflammatory bowel disease.
- The role of the dietary agent curcumin in intestinal inflammation and cancer.
- Investigation of the role of integrin-linked kinase in intestinal disorders.
- The epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease and gastrointestinal cancers.
- BMC immunology - 2011, Sep 2
- International journal of cancer - 2011, Nov 24
- Gut - 2008, Jun 18
- Virchows Archiv : an international journal of pathology - 2010, Mar 2
- Carcinogenesis - 2006, Aug 3