The Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) Education team provides the Vancouver Coastal Health research community with education and professional development opportunities to advance knowledge, enhance skills, create connections among peers and support the next generation of health researchers.
From workshops and demonstrations to lectures and symposiums, VCHRI promotes its own educational offerings, as well as those of academic and health partners to help facilitate an enriched culture of learning. Offerings cover a range of topics, including research design, project management, commercialization, regulatory and quality, privacy and data management, grant writing and knowledge translation.
VCHRI Education Initiatives
- The Discovery to Commercialization Speaker Series is a bi-monthly seminar session that aims to improve awareness and knowledge of the commercialization process, and provide opportunities to foster new relationships within the life sciences community. The speaker series brings together university faculty members, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, health care leaders, clinicians, entrepreneurs and commercialization stakeholders who are passionate about taking innovative research discoveries through the commercialization process.
- The Celebrate Research Public Lecture provides an opportunity for members of the public to hear from leading BC researchers about emerging health issues and innovative discoveries. The annual lecture is co-hosted by Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Providence Health Care Research Institute and the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute.
- The Research Training Series is comprised of monthly education sessions and workshops designed to support investigators, research staff and trainees in the acquisition of advanced skills, techniques and knowledge, and lead to enhanced practices in the conduct of research.
- External Training and Educational Resources
- Research Methods Webinar Series are designed to support health care providers to develop a clinical research proposal (e.g., framing a research question, selecting a study design, aligning research methodology).
Looking for a certificate of attendance for a recent VCHRI education session or workshop you attended?