John A. Fleetham
- MB BS, University of London, London, U.K.
- Fellow, Queens University, Respiratory Medicine
Dr. John Fleetham graduated from the University of London in 1972. He received his postgraduate training in the UK, Kingston, Ontario and Winnipeg, Manitoba and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine in 1978.
He has practised respiratory medicine and sleep disorder medicine since coming to Vancouver in 1981. Dr. Fleetham has been a UBC Professor of Medicine for the last 12 years. He is the founder and Co-Director of the Vancouver Acute Sleep Disorder Program. He received the Vancouver Hospital award for Clinical Renown in 1998 and was the UBC Faculty of Medicine Distinguished Clinical Medical Lecturer in 2000. He has published over 100 articles and 15 book chapters, and the majority of these have been on different aspects of sleep disordered breathing.
- Archives of internal medicine - 2006, May 9
- Thorax - 2006, Jun 1
- Canadian respiratory journal : journal of the Canadian Thoracic Society - 2006, Oct 12
- The Cochrane database of systematic reviews - 2004, Oct 20
- Thorax - 2006, Mar 6