tDCS (transcranial Direct Current Stimulation) is a brain stimulation technique that involves passing a very low current through the scalp to change the excitability of underlying brain regions. Moreover, yoga and meditation have recently gained popularity for their proposed health benefits. This study seeks to investigate whether there is a combined effect of yoga, meditation, and tDCS on cognition.
- You are 18 to 35 years of age.
- You have two years or more of yoga experience
- You do not have any history of psychiatric illness and are in good health
- You are not currently using hormonal birth control
- You are willing to undergo tDCS and brain scans
- You are willing to abstain from alcohol, drugs, and caffeine during the study
Study Coordinators and Research Nurses cannot give medical advice over the phone. Telephone numbers and email addresses are provided for obtaining additional information on specific research studies only. If you have specific questions which require clinical expertise, please call your primary care physician.