The purpose of this study is to investigate exposures to heavy metal exposures and other environmental chemicals among newcomer women of reproductive age (19-45 years) from India, China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan living in the Greater Vancouver area. This study will help us determine if current levels of toxicants may be a public health concern. The results of this study will help us to learn how to reduce future exposures.
- Women aged 19 – 45 years
- Moved to Canada from India, China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan directly
- Have lived in Canada for one to five years
- Are either less than 16 weeks pregnant or not pregnant
- Live in the Greater Vancouver area, British Columbia
- Speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi and / or Hindi
- Have kidney disease
Study Coordinators and Research Nurses cannot give medical advice over the phone. Telephone numbers and email addresses are provided for obtaining additional information on specific clinical research trials only. If you have specific questions which require clinical expertise, please call your primary care physician.