- FRCSC Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, Otolaryngology 2012
- MD University of Leicester UK Clinical Pathology laryngeal Cancer 1997
- FRCS(ORL) Royal College of Surgeons Ed., Eng., Glas., & Ire. (UK) Otolaryngology 1994
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (UK) Surgery in General & Otolaryngology 1986
- DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons (England) Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery 1986
- MB, BS University of West Indies (Jamaica) Faculty of Medicine Medical Degree 1982
Dr Nunez has a wide experience in general ear, nose and throat surgery including endoscopic sinus surgery, rhinoplasty and botulinum toxin therapy, but maintains a sub-specialist interest in diseases of the ear and hearing.
He has a continuing interest in research and medical education, having over 100 publications in peer reviewed journals or text books. Dr Nunez is also an assistant editor of the Journal of Laryngology and Otology.
- Clinical effectiveness of post-operative surgical dressings in patients undergoing middle ear surgery. The aim is to determine if in patients undergoing middle ear surgery, postoperative packing of the external ear canal can be abandoned without increasing the risks of postoperative infection, ear canal disfigurement or reducing the subjective and functional outcomes achieved with ear canal packing.
- Aetiology of vestibular disorders - Clinical syndromes presenting to an otolaryngology based Balance disorders clinic have been determined. Case series data demonstrated that routine measurement of lateral semi-circular canal caloric response is unnecessary in determining the side of choice for unilateral adult cochlea implantation. The effect of isolated vestibular system lesions on balance function is currently being investigated.
- Preliminary work on the feasibility of growing inner ear cell explants has shown that post mortem harvested porcine cochlea are a viable source for inner ear cell cultures. The cells grown have morphological and genetic markers consistent with inner ear origin. These cells would serve as a model system to study inner ear disease and progressive hearing loss in humans.
- European archives of oto-rhino-laryngology : official journal of the European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (EUFOS) : affiliated with the German Society for Oto-Rhino-Laryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - 2013, Dec 16
- European archives of oto-rhino-laryngology : official journal of the European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (EUFOS) : affiliated with the German Society for Oto-Rhino-Laryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - 2013, Sep 2
- The Journal of laryngology and otology - 2012, Sep 20
- Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery : official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery - 2012, Jun 29