Richard Wassersug is a former Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute Researcher. He is a research scientist with ~300 publications spanning topics in psychology, anatomy, human sexuality, and prostate cancer. Currently he holds adjunct professorships in the: 1) Department of Urologic Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Canada and 2) the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
The main focus of his current research is on developing strategies for helping individuals—most notably advanced prostate cancer patients—recognize and adapt to the effects of androgen deprivation therapy. His peer-reviewed publications in this area have appeared in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, Archives of Sexual Behavior, Social Science and Medicine, Journal of Sexual Medicine, Urology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Canadian Journal of Urology, and Perspectives in Biology and Medicine. He is also the lead author on the book “Androgen Deprivation Therapy: An Essential Guide for Prostate Cancer Patients and their Loved Ones” published in June, 2014.
- Journal of sex & marital therapy - 2014, May 21
- Journal of oncology pharmacy practice : official publication of the International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners - 2014, May 5
- The Lancet. Oncology - 2013, Jun 3
- Critical reviews in oncology/hematology - 2013, Aug 19
- Urology - 2013, Aug 30
- Current oncology (Toronto, Ont.) - 2013, Jan 28
- Physiology & behavior - 2013, Apr 1
- Contemporary clinical trials - 2013, Mar 4
- International journal of clinical practice - 2012, Nov 20
- Urologic oncology - 2013, Nov 11
- Urologic oncology - 2013, Sep 30