Simon Fraser University Banting Post-doctoral Fellowship, 2012 – 2013.
University of Montreal and Simon Fraser University,CIHR Post-doctoral Fellowship, 2009 – 2012.
The University of British Columbia, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Rehabilitation Science, 2006 – 2009. CIHR, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Funded, Doctor of Philosophy in the School of Rehabilitation Sciences
The University of British Columbia, Master's Degree, Rehabilitation Science 1999 – 2002
- University of Alberta, Bachelor's Degree, Occupational Therapy 1986 – 1991. Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy with Distinction
Dr. Ben Mortenson graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from the University of Alberta in 1991 and practiced in a variety of rehabilitation settings at Royal Alexandria Hospital in Edmonton until 1997 before joining UBC Hospital’s Purdy Extended Care Unit 1998 – 2006. He earned both his MSc (in 2002) and PhD (in 2009) in Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Mortenson most recently completed a postdoctoral fellowship in mobility and aging at Simon Fraser University and the University of Montreal. Outside of work, Ben is the father to three busy, young children and a dedicated bicyclist, recreational chorister and backcountry enthusiast.
Dr. Ben Mortenson is currently conducting an experimental study examining the effect of assistive technology interventions on users and their informal caregivers. He is also exploring power mobility users life experiences over time.
- American journal of physical medicine & rehabilitation - 2012, Oct 19
- Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation - 2011, Oct 3
- Sociology of health & illness - 2012, Mar 12
- Spinal cord - 2010, Jan 7
- Canadian journal of occupational therapy. Revue canadienne d'ergotherapie - 2008, Jul 11