Dr. McKeown is currently the PPRI/UBC Chair in Parkinson's Research, Director, Pacific Parkinson's Research Centre, and Full Professor in the Department of Medicine and Electrical and Computer Engineering (adjunct) at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
He did his Engineering Physics, Medicine and Neurology training at McMaster, Univ of Toronto, and University of Western Ontario, respectively. He did a 3yr research fellowship at the Computational Neurobiology Laboratory at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in San Diego before being hired as an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. He was recruited to UBC in 2003.
He has been responsible for a variety of peer-reviewed research projects funded through the National Institute of Health (US-NIH), the National Parkinson's Foundation (US-NPF), the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the International Association of Translational Neuroscience, and the (US) Whitaker Foundation. He is a member of the Neuroscience A (NSA) Canadian CIHR Scientific peer review committee as well as a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Parkinson’s Society of Canada. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters.
- IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering - 2014, Sep 24
- IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering - 2013, Jun 26
- IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering - 2008, Jan 31
- Frontiers in neurology - 2013, Jun 13
- Conference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual Conference - 2009, Dec 7
- Neuroscience - 2010, Mar 5
- Frontiers in neurology - 2014, Feb 19
- NeuroImage - 2008, May 30
- PloS one - 2013, Jul 22
- Annals of biomedical engineering - 2011, Jun 30
- IEEE transactions on medical imaging - 2009, Feb 3
- Human brain mapping - 1998, Aug 27