Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) is home to leading clinicians and award-winning researchers across a broad spectrum of disciplines. Find local research experts and learn about their work.
The Communications team helps media representatives find information and health topic experts, coordinate interviews with researchers, arrange onsite filming or photo opportunities and navigate VCHRI facilities.
Find the latest stories and news releases about VCHRI researchers, discoveries and accomplishments at VCHRI News, and get updates on new studies and findings by subscribing to the Research Insider newsletter.
The following procedures must be adhered to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of VCHRI staff and patients.
For media interviews and filming:
- All media calls and requests must be directed to the Communications team
- All media interviews must be cleared through the Communications team
- All media representatives visiting VCHRI sites must be escorted by a member of the Communications team (or a designate)
- The Communications team must receive written consent from patients prior to media interviews
- Documentary film producers must submit a written synopsis about their project to the Communications team and receive approval for filming activity
For more information on the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, visit the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.