The Investigator Awards promote excellence and build health research capacity through peer-reviewed salary support awards for clinician-scientist investigators.
There are two categories of Investigator Awards: Mentored Clinician Scientist and Clinician Scientist. These awards are aimed at clinician-scientists located at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver Coastal Health Community, UBC Hospital, Richmond Hospital or GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre, who want to reduce their clinical practice commitments in order to continue developing their research careers as independent investigators.
Please see the Investigator Award Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 by 4:00pm (PST)
Application deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 by 4:00pm (PST)
Registration is mandatory for this competition. Complete applications must be received by the time specified or they will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to attend a one-on-one grant development session on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Register to attend.
Forms and Guidelines
- Application Instructions
- Research Module
- Statement of Understanding
- Mentorship Plan
- Biographical Sketch*
For applicants with a University of British Columbia (UBC) appointment:
- Please complete the UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF). Instructions on how to complete the RPIF can be found here.
- As this is a salary award, the applicant is responsible for obtaining the Academic Department Head and Faculty Dean’s signature. Please contact your Department to determine the turnaround time to obtain your Academic Head’s signature.
- Please complete the UBC Request for Dean's Approval Form.
- To obtain the Faculty of Medicine Dean’s signature, please contact Bryan Wong, Database Analyst and Grant Applications Officer. The Faculty of Medicine Dean’s office will require three business days for signatures.
*Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) is now using a Biographical Sketch for all internal award funding opportunities. See the instructions on how to complete this part of the application.