The Innovation and Translational Research Awards fund innovative research that will:
- Have an impact on patient care at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and/or Providence Health Care (PHC)
- Provide savings for the health system at VCH and/or PHC
- Create medical device and/or commercial opportunities from pre-existing research outcomes
One joint award will be designated for a joint PHC and VCH health care professionals and/or researchers proposal.
For PHC applicants, only projects in collaboration with VCH are eligible for this award.
Awards are open to health care professionals, clinicians and researchers throughout VCH and PHC’s health care and research facilities. Please see the Innovation and Translational Research Award Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
Note: Maximum budget is now $75,000.
Registration deadline: Monday, November 1, 2021 by 4:00pm (PST)
Application deadline: Monday, January 17, 2022 by 4:00pm (PST)
Completed applications must be received via the online submission link by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to attend a one-on-one grant development session on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. Register to attend.
Forms and Guidelines
- Application Instructions
- Research Module
- Manager Statement of Support
- Biographical Sketch*
For VCH applicants without a University of British Columbia (UBC) appointment**:
For PHC applicants without a UBC appointment**:
For applicants with a UBC appointment**:
- UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
- Additional resources for applicants with a UBC appointment can be found here.
*VCHRI is now using a biographical sketch for all internal award funding opportunities. See the instructions on how to complete this section of the application.
**If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH or UBC and PHC, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI/PHCRI Grant Cover Sheet.