Clinical trials from inception through execution to analysis.
The Clinical Research Unit (CRU) offers services to investigators from all health care disciplines to conduct biomedical or health-related human clinical trials. Trials can be industry funded, grant funded or investigator initiated.
We have a full-service team of research and acute care experienced registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and research assistants. CRU is committed to providing quality support and meeting your clinical trials needs.
The CRU endeavours to provide services that may be required to conduct a clinical trial.
Application from Start to Finish
- CREB/BREB ethics assistance
- Informed consent development
- VCH Research Institute approval application
- Recruitment planning
- Advertisement development
- Recruitment, screening and consenting
- Study Management/Administration
- Staff support and back up coverage
- Venipuncture and specimen collection and processing
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Vaccine administration
- Investigational drug administration
- Data entry
- IV infusions
- Study specific activities/procedures
- Study interview and follow-up visits
- Study tests, examinations and questionnaires
- Services for the collection, processing and short term storage of biospecimens
Fee for Service
The service fee is dependent on the complexity of the service requested and the funding for the trial. Each new investigator is offered complementary assistance with his/her first ethics submission. To request services, please complete and submit the Request for Services Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investigators are encouraged to contact CRU for a tour of the unit and discussion of services the CRU can provide. The CRU is a 1200 sq. ft. unit with:
- examination rooms
- meeting space
- secure drug and sample storage
- basic lab space
Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre
4193-2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9