The challenge is on! We encourage VCH staff members to consider a practice area that might be improved and create a research project to discover how best to improve it.
Attention Point-of-Care Nursing & Allied Health Staff
Do you have a question from your clinical practice?
Do you want to learn more about the research process?
The Vancouver Coastal Health Research Challenge is for you!
The VCH Research Challenge will:
- Provide information, mentorship and funding for you
- Help you to learn about research and conduct your own clinical practice project
- Answer a question you have about your clinical practice
- The Research Challenge is designed to support point-of-care staff who do not have research experience; therefore eligible teams must include at least one member who is a point-of-care practitioner
How much award money is available for teams who are accepted into the Challenge?
Successful teams will receive up to $5,000 each in research award funding.
Who can apply to participate in the Challenge?
The Research Challenge is designed to support point-of-care staff who do not have research experience; therefore each team must include at least one point-of-care staff member. All teams can be inter-professional. All team leaders must be 0.5 or greater FTE at VCH for at least 1 year (full-time, part-time or casual).
How do I find a mentor for my team?
The best fit is to find a mentor in your department who is familiar with your work/patient environment. If you don't have someone, we will help you find a mentor!
I want to be involved, but don't know much about research - can I still participate?
The Research Challenge is perfect for you! We've designed the Challenge to teach beginners the basics of research.
When are the information sessions? REGISTER HERE
Lions Gate Hospital - Evergreen House (Boardroom in basement)
Tuesday January 23th, 2018 1130am-1230pm
Richmond Hospital - Meeting Room 4 (rotunda area)
Wednesday January 24th, 2018 1130am-1230pm
Vancouver General Hospital - Paetzold Multipurpose Room
Thursday, January 25th, 2018 1200pm-100pm
When are proposals due?
May 28, 2018
When are the workshops?
- March 6, 2018 - mandatory full day workshop before the full application is due for all registered teams
- September 6, 2018 - mandatory 1/2 day workshop 9am-12pm for teams who are awarded a grant
- Additional workshop: grants crafting, quantitative/qualitative methods, data management, project management, knowledge translation, library skills, clinical research ethics, and more (dates TBA)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What will be expected of participants?
Applicants will find team members; complete the registration form; attend a preparation workshop in March; develop their research proposal (with support from their mentor), and submit the proposal in May.
Teams whose projects are funded will be supported with funds and a mentor to conduct their research project over a twelve-month time period, and will be expected to draft a report of the their research findings and present their research at a presentation day along with the other teams.
The Research Challenge is run in partnership with VCH Professional Practice and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute.
|Registration Deadline:||February 12, 2018|
|Application Deadline:||May 28, 2018|
2018 Forms and Documents