The Investigator Awards promote excellence and build health research capacity through peer-reviewed salary support awards for clinician-scientist investigators.
The purpose of this competition is to promote excellence and build health research capacity through peer-reviewed salary support awards for clinician scientist investigators located at VGH, UBC Hospital, Richmond Hospital and G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre.
These awards are aimed at clinician-scientists located at VGH, VCH-Community, UBC Hospital, Richmond Hospital or GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre, who want to reduce their clinical practice commitments in order to continue developing their research careers as independent investigators.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute, Richmond Hospital Foundation and the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation. Funding is contingent on lottery proceeds and/or best efforts fundraising.
There are two categories of Investigator Awards: Mentored Clinician Scientist and Clinician Scientist.
Please see the Investigator Award Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Registration deadline (online form): Monday, October 5, 2020 by 4:00PM (PST)
- Grant Development 1-on-1 sessions (recommended): Thursday, November 5, 2020 (20-minutes between 1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Application deadline (by email): Monday, November 30, 2020 by 4:00PM (PST).
Complete applications must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by the time specified or they will not be accepted.
Forms and Guidelines
- Investigator Awards Guidelines
- Investigator Awards Application Instructions
- Investigator Awards Research Module
- Investigator Awards Statement of Understanding
- Investigator Awards Mentorship Plan
- Biographical Sketch Template
- VCHRI is now using a Biographical Sketch for all internal award funding opportunities. See the instructions on how to complete this part of the application.
- UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
- How to complete the RPIF
- As this is a salary award, the applicant is responsible for obtaining the Academic Department Head and Faculty Dean’s signature. Please contact your Department to determine the turnaround time to obtain your Academic Head’s signature.
- The UBC 'Request for Dean's Approval Form' must be completed. It’s available at https://mednet.med.ubc.ca/Research/SubmitApplications/RequiredDocuments/Pages/default.aspx.
- To obtain the Faculty of Medicine Dean’s signature, please contact Bryan Wong, Database Analyst & Grant Applications Officer (email@example.com). The Faculty of Medicine’s Dean’s office will require 3 business days for signatures.