The Team Grant competition supports practice-based research projects and builds health research capacity. Projects for this competition are directly relevant to current health care issues within VCH and based on the collaboration between health care providers and experienced researchers.
The purpose of these grants is to support VCH staff and clinicians to conduct applied health research, community based and/or patient oriented research projects to improve practice at VCH. VCH health care providers partner with experienced researchers who will mentor them through the entire research process, from proposal to project completion.
All applications are peer-reviewed by a committee of researchers, who help ensure that funds go toward supporting projects with both an important question and a rigorous research design that will enable the team to answer that question.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute, Vancouver Community Health Services and the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation. Funding is contingent on lottery proceeds and/or best efforts fundraising.
You are eligible to be the principal investigator (PI) on an application if you are a VCH staff/physician. Please see the Team Grant Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
* For applicants/projects in Vancouver Community, consider aligning your application with the VC themes of ‘Substance Use and Mental Health’ or ‘Indigenous Health’. Projects are encouraged to outline the inclusion of patient-oriented outcomes and/or specific knowledge translation activities.
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Registration deadline (by email): Monday, October 23, 2017 by midnight (PST)
- Grant Development workshop (strongly recommended): Thursday, December 7 th, 2017 1-4pm REGISTER HERE
- Application submission deadline (by email): Monday, January 29, 2018 by midnight (PST).
Forms and Guidelines
These fillable PDF forms are designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only. Download the free Adobe Reader.
We recommend saving the forms and completing them from your desktop rather than completing them within a browser window.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommend against using Preview to complete the forms. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the forms, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have entered into the forms when saving. To complete and save the forms properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the forms correctly.
- Team Grant Guidelines
- Team Grant Registration Form
- Team Grant Application Instructions
- Team Grant Research Module
- Team Grant Statement of Support
- Team Grant Mentorship Plan
- Canadian Common CV
- VCHRI is now using the Canadian Common CV for all internal award funding opportunities.
For VCH applicants without a UBC appointment*:
For applicants with a UBC appointment*:
*If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI Grant Cover Sheet.
Eric Liow, Coordinator, Research Education & Internal Awards firstname.lastname@example.org