The awards recognize trainees that are outstanding role models, demonstrate research excellence, and contribute to the VCH Research Institute research environment.
Trainee Travel Grant for International Scientific Conferences
Participation at scientific conferences is an important activity in the development of a research career, this competition supports trainees to present at international conference.
As participation at scientific conferences is an important activity in the development of a research career, this competition will support VCHRI research trainees to present at a conference (oral or poster) with a travel award. The awards amounts are $2000 for a Top Graduating Doctoral Student Award and $1000 for a Rising Star award.
- Rising Star Award – applicants must be VCHRI trainees in a Master’s or PhD program or a Postdoctoral Fellow who’s supervisor is a VCHRI researcher.
- Top Graduating Doctoral Student Award – applicants must PhD candidates graduating or submitting thesis between January 1st and December 31st 2021; applicant's supervisor must be a VCHRI researcher
- Your application requires 3 minute presentation of your work on February 24th, 2021. This presentation must be in lay language (details available at: http://3mt.grad.ubc.ca/participate)
- Registration for a presentation must take place by 4pm on Friday February 12, 2021
- Full Application must be received by 4pm on Tuesday March 16, 2021
- Air (economy fare) and ground transportation to conference site
- Conference registration
- Cost of printing conference poster presentation (if applicable)
- Please read the guidelines for the award completely - Award Guidelines
- Register for presentation: https://www.vchri.ca/3mt-ubc-2021-vchrifaculty-medicine-heat (required for application)
- Complete the application: https://www.vchri.ca/vchri-trainee-award-application