The Team Grant competition supports practice-based research projects and builds health research capacity. Projects for this competition are directly relevant to current health care issues within Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) and based on the collaboration between health care providers and experienced researchers.
The purpose of these grants is to support VCH/PHC staff and clinicians to conduct applied health research, community based and/or patient oriented research projects to improve practice at VCH and PHC. VCH/PHC health care providers partner with experienced researchers who will mentor them through the entire research process, from proposal to project completion.
All applications are peer-reviewed by a committee of researchers, who help ensure that funds go toward supporting projects with both an important question and a rigorous research design that will enable the team to answer that question.
This competition is supported by VCH Research Institute, PHC Research Institute, Vancouver Community Health Services, Richmond Hospital Foundation, VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, and Transplant Research Foundation of BC. Funding is contingent on lottery proceeds and/or best efforts fundraising.
- PHC is partnering with VCH to fund one highly ranked award demonstrating a collaboration across sites.
- The Transplant Research Foundation of BC (TRFBC) is partnering with VCH and PHC to fund two highly ranked Team Grants, one at VCH and one at PHC, related to patient identified research priorities in solid organ transplantation.
You are eligible to be the principal investigator (PI) on an application if you are a VCH/PHC staff/physician. Please see the Team Grant Guidelines for detailed eligibility requirements.
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Registration deadline (online): Friday November 6, 2020 by 4PM (PST)
- Register here: https://www.vchri.ca/team-grant-registration-form
- Patient-Oriented Research (POR) Workshop (recommended): Thursday November 19, 2020
- Grant Development workshop (recommended): Thursday December 3, 2020 11am-2pm
- Register here: www.vchri.ca/team-grant-grants-crafting-guidance
- Application submission deadline (by email): Monday February 1, 2021 by 4PM (PST)
Forms and Guidelines
These fillable PDF forms are designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only. Download the free Adobe Reader.
We recommend saving the forms and completing them from your desktop rather than completing them within a browser window.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommend against using Preview to complete the forms. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the forms, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have entered into the forms when saving. To complete and save the forms properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the forms correctly.
- Team Grant Guidelines
- Team Grant Application Instructions
- Team Grant Research Module
- Team Grant Statement of Support
- Team Grant Mentorship Plan
- Team Grant Patient Engagement Module
- Biographical Sketch Template
- VCHRI is now using a biographical sketch for all internal award funding opportunities. See the instructions on how to complete this section of the application.
For VCH applicants without a UBC appointment*:
For applicants with a UBC appointment*:
*If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI Grant Cover Sheet.
Amanda Chisholm, Senior Manager, Education and Funding Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org