The intent of this competition is to fund innovative research that will:
- have impact on patient care at VCH and/or PHC
- provide savings for the health system at VCH and/or PHC
- create medical device and/or commercial opportunities from pre-existing research outcomes
- one joint award will be designated for a joint PHC and VCH health care professionals and/or researchers proposal
Please note: For PHC applicants, only projects in collaboration with VCH are eligible for this award
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute is delighted to partner with VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and Providence Health Care Research Institute on the Innovation and Translational Research Awards.
Awards are open to health care professionals, clinicians and researchers throughout VCH and PHC’s health care and research facilities. Please refer to the award guidelines linked at the bottom of this page for detailed eligibility criteria. Note: Maximum budget is now $75,000.00
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Mandatory Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, March 18, 2019 (updated Jan 28, 2019)
- Online submission: Letter of Intent
- Grant Development 1-on-1 20 minute sessions (recommended): Tuesday, April 16 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (updated March 13, 2019)
- Application submission deadline: Monday, May 13, 2019 (updated Jan 28, 2019)
- Online submission: Full Application
Completed letter of intent and application must be received via the online submission link by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
Forms and guidelines
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Letter of Intent
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Full Application
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Guidelines
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Application Instructions
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Research Module
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Manager Statement of Support
VCHRI is now using the Canadian Common CV for all internal award funding opportunities. How to create an account with Canadian Common CV
For VCH applicants without a UBC appointment*: VCHRI Grant Cover Sheet
For applicants with a UBC appointment*: UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
*If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH or UBC and PHCRI, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI/PHCRI Grant Cover Sheet.
The above fillable PDF forms are designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only. Download the free Adobe Reader.
We recommend saving the forms and completing them from your desktop rather than completing them within a browser window.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommend against using Preview to complete the forms. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the forms, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have entered into the forms when saving. To complete and save the forms properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the forms correctly.