The intent of this competition is to fund innovative research that will:
- have impact on patient care at VCH and/or PHC
- provide savings for the health system at VCH and/or PHC
- create medical device and/or commercial opportunities from pre-existing research outcomes
- one joint award will be designated for a joint PHC and VCH health care professionals and/or researchers proposal
Please note for PHC applicants, only projects in collaboration with VCH are eligible for this award
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute is delighted to partner with VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and Providence Health Care Research Institute on the Innovation and Translational Research Awards.
Awards are open to health care professionals, clinicians and researchers throughout VCH and PHC’s health care and research facilities. Please refer to the award guidelines linked at the bottom of this page for detailed eligibility criteria. Note: Maximum budget is now $75,000.00
Registration is mandatory for this competition.
- Mandatory Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, October 26, 2020 by 4:00 pm (PST)
- Online submission: Letter of Intent
- Grant Development 1-on-1 20 minute sessions (recommended): Thursday November 26, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Online sign-up here
- Application submission deadline: Monday, January 18, 2021 by 4:00 pm (PST)
- Online submission: Full Application
Completed letter of intent and application must be received via the online submission link by the times specified or they will not be accepted.
Forms and Guidelines
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Letter of Intent
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Full Application
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Guidelines
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Application Instructions
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Research Module
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Manager Statement of Support
- Innovation and Translational Research Award Biographical Sketch
- VCHRI is now using a biographical sketch for all internal award funding opportunities. See the instructions on how to complete this section of the application.
For VCH applicants without a UBC appointment*: VCHRI Grant Cover Sheet
For applicants with a UBC appointment*: UBC Research Project Information Form (RPIF)
*If you have an appointment at both UBC and VCH or UBC and PHCRI, you only need to complete the RPIF, not the VCHRI/PHCRI Grant Cover Sheet.